The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Misc.

Anything else that you want to post here that doesn't seem to have a home

RachelJ's picture

Sponging

February 24, 2010 - 12:04am -- RachelJ
Forums: 

Hello again! Its me with another question. :) I'm always asking questions and never answering anyones, though I really do appreciate the answers I got. Thanks to all who commented.

What I would like to know is what exactly does sponging do? And I read in a bread recipe that sponging makes whole wheat bread lighter, and a little more airy. I've never sponged anything. I'd love to make sourdough bread, but alas I've no sourdough starter so it will have to wait. :) I will sometime though.

vince hav's picture

anyone ever made a cinnamon roll cake?

February 20, 2010 - 5:08pm -- vince hav
Forums: 

i have a friend whose birthday is comeing up and she loves cinnamon rolls. i was looking at the cinnamon "paste" that is spread on the dough from on the TFL links for cinnamon rolls an wondered if a layer cake could be cooked and spread that cinnamon paste over the cake after cooking it an maybe drizzel the frosting stuff made from the confectionate sugar over the top of the top layer?

im just trying to come up with an idea to combine the flavor an goodness of cinnamon rolls with the idea of a birthday cake...

any ideas??? anyone ever tried something like this??

cfmuirhead's picture

Technical Help on producting a blog - how to save/edit

February 18, 2010 - 6:18am -- cfmuirhead
Forums: 

I am a blog virgin!  Trying desperately to create my first blog.  I can now insert pictures and texts BUT can anyone tell me how to edit and save a text which I intend to work more on before publishing it.  It seems that either I have to log out of TFL and lose what I have created thus far or if I do 'save', doesn't that publish the document automaticlly, hence I am sending for all to read a document only half (if that!) done.  HELP!

rick.c's picture

preparing banneton's for first use

February 15, 2010 - 8:43pm -- rick.c
Forums: 

Hello,

I have a couple bannetons that I am planning on using for the first time tomorrow.  I have read that I should spray them with baker's joy/baking grease and place them in a 200*F oven before the first use.  Is this accurate?  I am worried about ruining them and Baker's Joy has flour in it that could go bad or mold over time.

Thanks for the input!

Rick

althetrainer's picture

Very sour sandwich bread; what to do?

February 14, 2010 - 9:13pm -- althetrainer
Forums: 

I make sourduogh sandwich bread because hubby and little man like to have sandwiches for lunch.  My SD usually doesn't taste very sour; bwteen the 4th and 6th day it does develop a very subtle but nice sour flavor.   The loaf doesn't last more than a week so don't know if the sourness will continue to develop after that. 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Misc.