The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

Bakenstein's picture

Hello From My High Altitude Kitchen

August 27, 2005 - 2:39pm -- Bakenstein

I am once again working on my bread baking skills. But this time the big difference is Altitude-5500ft above sea level. Now that I've found this fantastic web site I would appreciate any info how to adjust your recipes accordingly.
I have been going over and over why my attempts at Floyd's Italian and Ciabata Breads came out too dense and cakelike and the only conclusion I think would be an altitude factor.
I like to cook and bake Italian breads,pastries, and regional dishes from our family's
Albanese heritage. I hope to share some of these in the near future.
Next attempt Zaatar Flatbrea

sonofYah's picture

Gordon from Indiana

June 29, 2005 - 8:50am -- sonofYah

Hello,

My name is Gordon Hayes. I live in SW Indiana with my wife and two daughters. I am 45+.

I have been baking bread since I was around 15, though not continuously. I have been cooking since I was 13. I have to say that baking bread is my favorite.

I bake mostly whole-grain and sourdough breads. I bake the Challah bread for our small Messianic synagogue in nearby Evansville, IN. I mix whole wheat and bread flour about 50-50 for this. Am going to try naturally leavened Challah bread soon.

scarlett75's picture

Chris from California

June 23, 2005 - 1:56pm -- scarlett75

Hello!

I have been lurking on this site for a while now, but have finally started baking again. Now, I feel like an intro is in order since I've started posting on the boards. :)

My name is Chris. I'm 30 years young. I have four children; Alexis, Jake, Grace, and Owen. I bake fairly frequently - when I'm feeling up to it. In the last few days, I've made french bread, whole wheat rolls, and blueberry scones.

SourdoLady's picture

Hello Bread People!

April 9, 2005 - 6:32pm -- SourdoLady

Just wanted to introduce myself. As my name shows, I am a sourdough addict. I have been baking sourdough for about 5 years now (wild yeast only). I have 6 different starters that I keep going. Sourdough is so fascinating to me and I keep learning new things every day.

I love this forum and the way it is set up. The people all seem very nice and friendly. I only wish it were more active. We need more people on here!

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas