The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

slidething's picture

New to Site ~ but not baking

September 12, 2007 - 9:03am -- slidething

Hello to Everyone ~

Having problems opening sourdough spread sheet - any help?

tazmzn54@aol.com

I live in Harrisburg,Pa. and am the Chef for the Harrisburg Maennerchor Club -

any breadbaking groups in the area contact me at above.

Opps not Dec. 31rst, 1969 - wish it was cuz I'd change acouple of things I did LOL

sphealey's picture

Underline function doesn't work in final display

August 27, 2007 - 4:51am -- sphealey

Floyd,

The underline function in the easy editor displays an underline in the editing window and in the preview, but when the edited text is Submitted the underline does not appear.

As an example, all instances of the word underline were underlined in the easy editor in this post.

sPh

Bold

Italic

Underline

Ramona's picture

whole wheat breads with flavor

August 26, 2007 - 7:51pm -- Ramona

Sue, I read your comments and saw your bread pictures.  I think your bread looked really good.  I basically made this recipe(JMonkey gave me a recipe to follow and later told me that it was basically from this WW recipe in this book) and mine turned out great.  Even my family was impressed.  I add more butter and at least 1/4-1/3 cup of honey.  It really helps, besides letting the "epoxy as JMonkey puts it" soak overnight.   I know it takes some to get use to whole wheat bread.  I actually have tasted sprouted bread and like it even better.  I plan on doing that some tim

Ramona's picture

French Fold

August 21, 2007 - 11:55pm -- Ramona

I have watched several videos concerning the Frence Fold and have some questions.  I thought the dough had to have the right texture in order to stop and put into a bowl to rise?  This doesn't seem to show this, it seems to show the opposite.  I would like to do this technique, but I am trying to get consistency with the "feel" of the dough and I can't see how the French Fold works.  I do the regular Folds and they work out well for me, but I am not getting the French Fold.   I tried a recipe that called for using water to knead with instead of flour, today, and I ju

grrranimal's picture

Howdy, from Oxfordshire

August 12, 2007 - 3:23am -- grrranimal

Only discovered the site a couple of weeks ago, and am just so glad to have found this passionate little community.

I'm an American/Australian living in a little village on the Thames river, in Oxfordshire, England. 

My bread ain't great, and it sure ain't pretty, but, damn, it's good!  

Getting better with y'all's help. 

Thanks, Floyd, for the site.  If you're ever nearby, let me thank you with a loaf and a homebrew.

Noodlelady's picture

Hello from Pennsylvania!

July 29, 2007 - 12:23pm -- Noodlelady

I've been baking for a long time, but just recently got into baking with my own sourdough starter. My starter is 6 months old and I've gotten many tips for keeping it alive and baking with it from this site. I wanted to get back to my roots and bake bread the way my ancestors did. Creating the starter and baking with it is a fulfilling experience.

colinwhipple's picture

Hello from Montebello, CA

July 7, 2007 - 7:25am -- colinwhipple

Hello, everyone.

I have been baking bread occaisionally for a number of years, but have gotten serious about it in the past few months.  I have Rinehart's Apprentice book, and have found the Internet to be a good resource.

I did Floyd's Rustic Bread recipe last weekend, and it worked really well.

I look forward to reading the ideas and information here, and maybe contributing some myself, when I get to that point.

Colin

JonesHomestead's picture

Hello from Oklahoma

July 5, 2007 - 2:00pm -- JonesHomestead

I just found & joined this forum. What a wonderful resource!  We have a small (20 acre) homestead.  I take care of things here while my DH works as a over-the-road truck driver until the homestead is self-sufficient & income generating enough that he can leave trucking.

We are fairly simple, plain, living in that we grow or make most of what we use.  I also work from home, using sewing and other skills to make homespun and some clothing that I sell.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas