The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

steve817's picture

I thought it was about time

November 20, 2007 - 4:07pm -- steve817

that I said hi to everyone. My Name is Steve, I actually joined about three weeks ago and have been lurking. I have tackled a couple of projects. I did the recipe in the post titled "My Daily Bread" then modified it  by throwing my newly created sourdough starter into the mix.

I have since gone to the library and checked out "The Bread Bible" and have made a couple of recipies out of it, including the prosciutto ring. I'm having a blast.

So anyway, hi everyone.

dolfs's picture

Stop SPAM

November 18, 2007 - 10:01pm -- dolfs

Floyd,

It seems we are getting more and more spam in the forums. Just now I found some by haohao. When I looked up this user I noticed they had only been a member for about 20 minutes, so accounts are being created for the sole purpose of posting spam. Can we change drupal to require moderator approval before users are completely registered. That, it seems, would discourage a large amount of the spam.

saintdennis's picture

Interduction

November 18, 2007 - 3:16pm -- saintdennis

Hi evryboby I'm Saintdennis I'm from New York Long Island.I'm baking for many years,but I love to taste food and baking for different nations. I do know how to bake,because ,I can't eat those breads that are in the store.Do I have any choice??? Yes, make my own which I'm doing over 30 years,but I love to try different recipe and taste how it is.

This is interduction of Saintdennis

okieinalaska's picture

Hello from Alaska

November 12, 2007 - 3:58pm -- okieinalaska

I am so glad I found this website!  What a great resource, I hope to learn a lot.

My name is Amy and I live in the great state of Alaska.  We have about 4 inches of snow already and I am getting lots of exercise shoveling the driveway, making snowman and sledding with my two kids. (ages 5 and 7)

I am still new to baking bread. ~I am not counting the years of bread machine abuse, LOL. When I was home last year at Christmas (home is in Oklahoma for us) my mother-in-law taught me to make the REQUIRED dinner rolls for every family holiday.  

Dave W's picture

bread bread and more bread

November 9, 2007 - 10:44am -- Dave W

Hello everybody, I'm glad im not the only guy from England here. My wife Rachel and I live near Chester in the north west. Bread making seems to have taken over most of my spare time at the moment and i'm enjoying every minute of it. i'm a all or nothing type of guy. I'm pretty new to bread making, and have been doing it now since last Christmas when I decided to have a go. Rachel gives me lots of agro as flour, yeast and leven seems to get everywhere, on the taps, walls floor all over well you know what its like!!!!!!!! and whats more she makes me clean it up !!!!!.

docpat's picture

Hello from Florida

November 9, 2007 - 4:36am -- docpat

Greetings from the sunny state of Florida, where if you don’t bake your own bread, you are relegated to eating a white tasteless pasty mixture of flour and water sold in food stores as, ugh, bread. I am a regular contributor to another baking web site and found you all quite accidentally through a link when searching for a recipe for Struan. I have been lurking here for a while and I think I will fit in well. On that note, I thought it was time to introduce myself.

Terk's picture

New from the South

October 19, 2007 - 9:42pm -- Terk
  • Hi there.

• I'm fairly recent addition to the baking craze. I started out cooking about two years ago, thanks to the inspiration of Alton Brown and Good Eats. With that said, it's not surprising that I'm an analytically minded person. I'm a Bio-chemistry major, and it was that love of science that drew me into baking last year. Now, I'm an excited learner absorbing as much as I can from books and many great online sites, especially this one.

citymouse's picture

Newbie in Atlanta

October 7, 2007 - 3:45pm -- citymouse

Hey :) I'm totally new to baking, really, and to this site, but it's been extremely helpful so far. I just made my first batches... two of the Daily Bread recipe (I wasn't certain the poolish looked right the first time so I did it twice and made two batches) and one of the Pain de Provence, but with rosemary from my garden in lieu of the herbes de provence which I didn't have. The first daily bread loaves looked just ok... kinda pale, decent shape... but taste fantastic, especially with some butter and homemade strawberry jam. The second batch....

hullaf's picture

new from the south

October 4, 2007 - 12:32pm -- hullaf

Hello, I live in the south (TN), am a transplant from the rural north (WI), bread baker for the last four years. And should'a started sooner. I remember my grandmother baking ten loaves every Saturday morning for her family of eleven children. I've been using RL Beranbaum's recipes most of the time and love them. I started a sourdough starter 3 years ago and it's still alive and well. (I call it Bubba). I'm eager to peruse this site and get answers. 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas