The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

BettyR's picture

Hello From Texas

January 30, 2008 - 9:36am -- BettyR

Hi all,
I found this forum in my search for information on grain mills. I’m doing my research and trying to decide which grain mill would be best for my needs.

If any of you own one and wouldn’t mind giving me your ideas about what you like and don’t like about your mill I would really appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Betty

scubabbl's picture

Hello from Hawaii

January 30, 2008 - 12:07am -- scubabbl

Hello from Hawaii. I just recently took up baking (not counting brownie mix in a box). So far I'm 3 loaves of bread and one pan of cinimon rolls in. I wish I had taken pictures.

I came across this website after my first attempt. I was looking for better info site. My first set of bread turned out well enough, but I was just following ingredients and some poorly written instructions.

HogieWan's picture

Hello

January 23, 2008 - 9:14am -- HogieWan

I signed up here a couple months ago, but I've just started posting. I saw a couple peoples "hello" threads, so here's mine.

I love cooking - for some reason I like cooking that takes a long time, like bread baking and smoking meats. I also have been brewing beer for a few years, so I feel that I have a grasp on yeast activity as well as grains and their enzymes.

I'm pretty new to the bread stuff and this site has helped a lot. I hope I can help others as much as I get helped (so far I'm behind).

raisdbywolvz's picture

Hi Folks!

January 22, 2008 - 12:03pm -- raisdbywolvz

Hi everyone. Just signed up from San Antonio. My name is Shari and I'm a mother of 1 beautiful girl who's grown into a lovely young woman. I taught her to cook and she put me to shame by jumping straight into making her own pie crusts, breads, and even noodles! I've been baking bread for about a year with various levels of success and thought it was high time to get some help from the internets.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas