The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

bshuval's picture

San Diego Fresh Loavers meet on Saturday, March 22

March 12, 2008 - 10:51pm -- bshuval

Hi all,

It is time for yet another meeting of the San Diego Fresh Loavers (and bread baking enthusiasts). We will meet on Saturday, March 22, at 1:00 PM. Our meeting place is in front of the Kensington Public Library.

Each of us will bring a loaf of bread (that they made, of course). This time, we will have a theme: the bread should involve nuts in some form.

WoofMeowOink's picture

New to the forum, and new to baking

March 6, 2008 - 11:41pm -- WoofMeowOink

Hello all,

I just found the forum earlier today, and I am already glad I did!

As the title of the thread discloses, I am new to baking (to real baking, that is! I've baked "cakes in a box," and made cookies following very easy recipes, but thats about it). In fact, two days ago I baked my very first loaf ever. Unfortunately, my bread was dense, and I might have overbaked it a bit. I will post my questions regarding this experience in the appropriate part of the forum. 

Marni's picture

Hello from Southern CA

March 5, 2008 - 8:55am -- Marni

Hi, I've been reading this site for a few weeks and just signed up.  I love to bake (cakes and cookies too, not just bread) and bake all the goodies for my family. I bake between 3- 10 loaves a week for lunches etc. I've been baking bread for about 20 years, but realize after visiting this site, how little I really know.  I'm attempting my first sourdough now (thank you for the help I'm already getting!) and I'm looking forward trying more new recipes.

nosabe332's picture

first time ciabatta, autolyse, preferment questions

March 4, 2008 - 10:54pm -- nosabe332

hi all,

baker in oakland, calif. 

i recently renewed my interest in baking, but having lost interest in the more expensive form of pie-making, have decided to jump into bread-making.

here's a picture of my ciabatta, made from this recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/29100.

ciabatta number 1

fsu1mikeg's picture

New bread enthusiast in Atlanta

March 4, 2008 - 7:41am -- fsu1mikeg

Hi, I just found this website recently as I was researching baking stones.  I just started baking bread this past year and only seriously in the past couple months.  My wife is from Germany and I have never been the same since I first visited her there in 2001.  I decided if I can't find good European bread here in Atlanta, I've got to bake it myself.  I'm really just learning and experimenting so far.  I tried a bunch of recipes with little success, then finally bought Local Breads a couple months back and started getting serious.  Last night I made some great-tasting Dreiko

MaryinHammondsport's picture

Greetings from Wintery New York State

March 3, 2008 - 5:11am -- MaryinHammondsport

Hi:

I’ve been reading TFL for about a month now, and have participated a little bit, but haven’t yet introduced myself. Here goes!

I’m a 71 year-old woman who has partially lost the use of fine motor skills in both hands and feet, so the two loves of my recent life -- needlework and gardening -- are pretty much out. I’ve baked all my life, so I decided that upgrading my skills and learning all I can in this area will keep me off the streets.

bnb's picture

Hello from NYS!

February 28, 2008 - 10:48am -- bnb

Hello everyone,

I just signed up, couldn't resist. Love bread. Love baking bread. I am a beginner and would bake all the recipes on this site if I had the skill. I had been looking for just such a community that is dedicated to bread baking. The pics of all the breads is inviting and enticing.

Excited to be here.

BNB.

Adelphos24's picture

Hello from a Canadian Baker

February 27, 2008 - 7:57am -- Adelphos24

I love this website. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a pastry professional for quite a few years now. I was Swiss trained, but bring a lot of North American bias to my baking. I'm planning on contributing quite a bit to this site in the upcoming months. I just recently started a food blog, and am planning on doing some lessons on there as well.

http://jeremyskitchen.wordpress.com/

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas