The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

flournwater's picture

New and Confused

March 16, 2009 - 3:19pm -- flournwater

I've only been on board here for a few weeks.  I find that my account includes a list labled "Track" for those posts I've shown some interest in.  Some of the items on the list haven't shown a post of any kind for more than four weeks and It gets a bit difficult after a while to maintain any sense of this list and I can't identify any method for clearing out the list.  When, if ever, do these fall off the list?  Can anyone tell me how to manage this never ending list of information that I'd rather not deal with on a day to day basis?

bmoo's picture

Just wanted to say THANKS!

March 15, 2009 - 5:04pm -- bmoo

I found this site a couple of months ago and have learned so much!  I finally signed up today to answer a question about Swedish limpa.  I also signed up so I could say thank you to all those who've shared their expertise.  With the help of tons of advice from posters here, I have achieved new heights with my bread baking!

ques2008's picture

I'm new, I'm hungry for bread tips

March 9, 2009 - 2:42pm -- ques2008

Hi everyone,

I signed up 3 minutes ago.  I used to hate cooking and baking and being in the kitchen more than 3 minutes.  I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I'm into bread and all things bread.  The site looks friendly and comprehensive in scope.  I like the fact that Peter Reinhart's book is featured (Bread Baker's Apprentice) because I bought his book last week and devouring it.

I've baked bread about 6 times now and enjoying every minute of it.  Something about kneading dough that's therapeutic...

ques2008

clazar123's picture

So what do you do to streamline baking your daily bread?

March 9, 2009 - 9:51am -- clazar123

I am finally settling into a pattern of baking 3-4 loaves every weekend for our daily use-WWsandwich, fruited morning toast, french and maybe 1 extra as experimental,giveaway or to perfect a recipe.

It occurs to me their are many little things I can do to streamline the process of making the repetetive loaves such as pre-measuring out my flour into ziplocs and even adding all the dry ingredients to it.

irfan11's picture

Hello from Potomac Falls, VA

March 8, 2009 - 3:39pm -- irfan11

Hi All,

After being spoiled by living near Zingermans (Ann Arbor, MI) for a few years and eating their amazing bread every day, it's very hard to find real bread in the Northern Virginia area (Balducci's isn't the same).

A colleague's partner shared some of their sourdough starter with me last week so I decided to take the plunge and try making some bread (it's resting in the fridge right now as I type).  The crazy thing is I've had some great books for a while (BBA, La Brea..) but never got around to doing it so wish me luck!

-Abdul

MarkS's picture

Hello!

February 25, 2009 - 8:50pm -- MarkS

I found this forum after a lengthy search. I've been baking for more than a decade, but have never ventured into the realm of making my own recipes. I'm getting bored with following other's recipes and want to learn how to make my own. So far, I have learned quite a bit from lurking and hope to learn more.

It is really nice to see a forum dedicated to bread baking. You can only learn so much from a recipe book. It is going to be very nice to be able to ask other bakers questions and post ideas and recipes.

Mark

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas