The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

Mexicancook's picture

Hi...

April 20, 2009 - 12:53pm -- Mexicancook

Hi everyone, I am from México and live in Monterrey, close to the border to Texas.

I have been reading a lot of interesting things on this site and I really love it. I have a small business from home, I bake salty pies for small reunions, gatherings, or any type of event, etc. and I am always looking for new ideas.

I love bread so I hit the jackpot when I found this wonderful site, and I have already learned quite a few things here.

Thank you for sharing your ideas, recipes, tips and techniques with all of us.

Greetings from Nexico...

jacobsbrook's picture

Hello

April 13, 2009 - 6:35am -- jacobsbrook

Hello.  I just wanted to introduce myself.  My name is Pen.  Recently after an 8 year hiatus, I started baking again.  It truly is good to have  my starters bubbling away once again.  We moved to our present location 5 years ago, and low and behold KA is not 15 minutes away.  Lately it has been my home away from home.  I look forward to chatting with fellow bakers.  This website is a wonderful mix  of ideas and experience. 

flour-girl's picture

best advice for the new baker?

April 3, 2009 - 7:57am -- flour-girl

Hi --

So, what do you tell those people who are so amazed that you bake bread, who say they could never do that, who claim to be terrified of yeast, petrified of kneading?

I want to tell everyone how easy and wonderful it is to make homemade bread but people are so freaked out about it!

So, I'm doing bread 101 on my blog today at Flour Girl.

Erzsebet Gilbert's picture

A belated hello, a blog link with a few recipes, and fictional fanciful tales about bread!

April 2, 2009 - 9:01pm -- Erzsebet Gilbert

Hi, everybody!

Maybe this is a bit silly, since I've already exchanged messages with a few of your wonderful selves and posted my own question about how best to bake bread on a Coleman camp stove - and I received so many fantastic ideas and suggestions - but I hadn't really given an Official Introduction; essentially, I'm a writer and stumbling but devoted baker living in Hungary, and I've been so enthralled by the whole Fresh Loaf community.  

jeanx's picture

no yeast in the recipe?

April 2, 2009 - 10:47am -- jeanx

I am a brand new baker. As in, I've never baked more than pies (which I'm really good at.)

I LOVE SOURDOUGH, and my entire family is from San Francisco. Living in Oregon for 10 years now, I really missed good sourdough so decided to learn how to do it myself.

So I have a sourdough starter going and have read the pages at sourdoughome.com over and over and over. I'm about to bake some Black Canyon Sourdough and I realized that the recipe doesn't call for yeast, just the active starter. Is this really enough?

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas