The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Introductions and Ideas

Please introduce yourself and give us your feedback on the site!

tabasco's picture

A neophyte baker from Cincinnati Ohio

September 14, 2009 - 2:54pm -- tabasco

Hello TFL members!

I am so happy to finally sign up on TFL after a few years of obsessing over baking tips and hints so generously shared by the members here.

My baking is hit or miss, mainly because I am not patient and diligent about the processes.  Oh, and I'm forgetful too!  So I have some challenges to overcome, but with all the help on this site I see no reason why my baking talent shouldn't soar!  So many talented bakers here!

Syvwlch's picture

New Jersey Introduction

September 14, 2009 - 2:54pm -- Syvwlch

Hi everyone, been lurking and reading for a couple weeks now, so I thought I'd jump in and say thank you for all the great content here.

I'm a French expat living in New Jersey and making my own bread. Initially it was homesickness but now it's for the fun. I'll put my best foot forward and share this picture of a couronne I made recently:

s00da's picture

Hello from Kuwait!

September 10, 2009 - 5:18am -- s00da

Hi, I've been lurking on this website for a while and I guess it's time for a first post.  I've been baking pizzas for over a year now using high temperatures and gradually moved on to using sourdough starters to replace yeast in my recipes. You guys have a lot of information on using starters and a great community, I love it.

M2's picture

Hello from Vancouver

September 1, 2009 - 11:05am -- M2

I had discovered this wonderful site about a month ago.  Intrigued by so many interesting messages, I have also started posting a few entries without introducing myself...

How did I get started on making sourdough bread?  It was the unusual hot summer we had this year in Vancouver BC.  I was thinking, it should be a good time to learn about sourdough and start creating a starter.  So my first starter was born around late July this year.  My journey of sourdough has begun.  Currently, I am maintaining two starters: rye and whole wheat.

cricketcmc's picture

Hello from Ohio

August 30, 2009 - 5:42am -- cricketcmc

Greetings from the Buckeye state. I have been baking bread for a long time and this site is amazing in all the wonderful recipes it has! Truely inspiring.

I live in a small town, single, raising my grandson (7) on my own and have been selling baked goods at our local farmer's market. Bread seems to be a big hit and I am always looking for new tastes and takes on this staple of life to sell at my stand or share with friends.

chrissy

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Introductions and Ideas