The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Baking Equipment

Any questions or recommendations dealing with stand mixers, baking stones, or any other baking equipment.

bread_house's picture

KitchenAid 5 QT HD Pro Question

March 12, 2011 - 7:16am -- bread_house

I noticed that the bowl support arms on my stand mixer were rocking back and forth today, and making noise as I was mixing my bread in the stand mixer.  I used only enough flour to make one loaf, so the ingredients were not enough to make the bowl arms rock, and I heard the "click" at the back when I securely attached the bowl to the arms.  When I took the bowl off the bowl arm support, it seemed loose.

Is there a way to secure the bowl support arms?  Or is this normal?

Caperchick's picture

VITA MIXER 4000

March 6, 2011 - 5:06pm -- Caperchick

After years of wishing for a Vita Mixer, I've found one in beautiful condition at our local Value Village for $19.99!  I'm looking forward to getting to know this appliance and wonder if it anyone uses one to grind flour or mix bread dough in it?  Would love to hear from anyone who uses one and what they use it for.

sam's picture

Viking stand mixer revolutions

March 5, 2011 - 6:19pm -- sam

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I acquired a Viking 5-quart stand mixer.  So far it's been working great.  However -- though maybe I am blind, I could not find in the included documentation from Viking, any reference to the revolutions per minute at different speed levels.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I found a handy online reference that lists the RPMs for the various speeds, and thought I'd post it in case any other Viking users would find it useful.

awysocki's picture

Homemade Proofer for $44.61 using DIY store for supplies

February 28, 2011 - 3:50pm -- awysocki

Hi all, Living in the desert of Palm Springs where our humidity is usually around 15-20% I find it hard to keep my sourdough from drying out. I have tried the Oven, Microwave, box and so on and really haven't had the success I wanted.  So poking around TFL and the internet I found for under $50 I was able to roll my own.  I am pretty sure you can do it for less if you buy some of the supplies online.

mdrdds's picture

Wooden lifter

February 28, 2011 - 8:43am -- mdrdds

I am looking for a piece of baking equipment and can't find it anywhere on line. I'm not sure I know how to describe it but I'll try. It looks a little like a peel. It's narrow maybe about 5 inches wide. It's made of wood and is used to flip long breads like chabata or baguettes from the couche to the peel for placing in the oven. I've been using long pieces of cardboard but I'm tired of cutting up boxes. If anyone can help me find what I'm looking for it would be appreciated. Thanks Mike R

bassopotamus's picture

Electrolux DLX parts

February 13, 2011 - 9:41am -- bassopotamus

I've tried googling and not had much luck. I need to get a replacement part for my DLX (the pin that holds the roller in place has some finish issues and sticks really badly, and as a result, I have torn up the plastic cap on top). I'm looking to put the mixer up for sale, but want to get it in good working order before I do. 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Baking Equipment