The Fresh Loaf

A Community of Amateur Bakers and Artisan Bread Enthusiasts.

Baking Equipment

Any questions or recommendations dealing with stand mixers, baking stones, or any other baking equipment.

lumos's picture

It's finally here, at last! - Brad & Taylor Folding Proofer

January 9, 2013 - 3:56am -- lumos

Just received the latest Lakeland (UK based) catalogue this morning and A BIG HAPPY surprise! They started selling Brad & Taylor's folding proofer, that's been talked about and used by many of our fellow members in US.  Not sure if I'm buying it at the moment, to be honest (especially after seeing Juergen's brilliant idea on the handmade proofer with reptile thermo :D), but thought I'd better let other UK TFLers know about it anyway. ;)

JMonkey's picture

Enameled baking stone?

January 4, 2013 - 2:37pm -- JMonkey

My baking stone of five years split in half last week. Strangely, it did so while in storage. So far as I can tell, nothing fell on it. Odd. Anyway, I'm still using it, but would like to get one that doesn't have a rakish separation all the way down the center. I could order one online, but I like to buy local. Only one store in my small college town carries them and, the odd thing is, their baking stones are all enameled.

jooney's picture

convection oven

January 1, 2013 - 2:12pm -- jooney

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a convection oven from the Unites States.  A Cadco oven is the one that I have in mind and apparently, the manufacturer of this product, which is the Cadco, Ltd, is not the only one selling it.  

The listed price of the product on their web site is $1,950 (XAF-113)

http://www.cadco-ltd.com/ovens-lcmanual.html

as opposed to some other sites that are offering the exact same model at substantially lower prices.

Sylviambt's picture

Bark baskets for baking in oven

December 29, 2012 - 9:09am -- Sylviambt

This is my first experience with baking baskets. Locally gathered and woven, my husband gave me two birch bark baskets for Christmas. I used them yesterday to make two loaves of Anadama bread. The only limitation is restricting yourself to breads that can be baked at 350 degrees F or lower. Anyone have recipes to share for use with these baskets?

linder's picture

May have fried my oven

December 28, 2012 - 1:18pm -- linder

Today I ran the self-cleaning cycle on my Frigidaire free-standing gas stove and received the dreaded F10 error message (runaway temperature) and the dial for the heating drawer that is on the face of the control pan was starting to melt! We turned the gas and electricity off to the oven and called the repairman.  I may be looking for a new stove soon, any recommendations?  I have 30 inches of space for the stove, between two sets of cabinets.  Gesh, I was just trying to clean it after my holiday baking was all done.  I've had the stove for about 4 years. 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Baking Equipment