first picture

Jeffrey's picture
December 17, 2006 - 1:36am -- Jeffrey

Wendy came home with some bread pans, so we had to test one.

Yep, it worked out pretty good.   We ate the whole thing.

Comments

Kate's picture
Submitted by Kate on

Hey, that looks great! I've been looking for a sandwichy-type bread to make in a bread pan, what recipe did you use?

Jeffrey's picture
Submitted by Jeffrey on

nice to meet you Kate

It's not really a recipe, it just seemed an easy way to put it together.

A cup of starter

2 cups of flour

then added water a bit at a time till it was sticky, but not way to goey. learned that from this forum.

let it sit for a while, punched it down, and kneaded in a pinch of salt.

let it double, in a warm place.  tossed it in the pan, proofed it, and baked at 400 deg

hope this works, it's sort of how we do my every day loaves.

jeffrey

Jeffrey's picture
Submitted by Jeffrey on

I've been looking for that post all week, where did you find it?

oh there it is, in the gallery, never mind

Jeffrey's picture
Submitted by Jeffrey on

I'm so sorry for putting that picture here, i really don't know how i did it. I have two other pictures here if you delete that one. It's so embaracing every time i see it.

lets hope my bread making get better than my computer skills.

dstroy's picture
Submitted by dstroy on

Aww come on - that's a great looking start! I should find some of the pictures I have of Floyd's first breads a couple years ago - the whole point of this site is for folks to share and learn and most of all have fun - while getting to make some tasty treats in the process!

Floydm's picture
Submitted by Floydm on

Look at lesson one. I can shape/score/bake a much prettier loaf now. But I leave it as is so that new bakers can come, try it, and end up with something that looks about the same. Tis a much nicer experience than what you get trying to copy Martha Stewart or someone else who puts out beautiful, air-brushed, unattainable food photos. Inevitably you end up disappointed with your results, no matter how good a job you do. What kind of experience is that?

Jeffrey's picture
Submitted by Jeffrey on

So as not to discurage young alcolytes, i must continue on.

Here's picture to inspire them to greatness, perhaps someday, fresh loaves will sit on every table.

Christmas