Mold grew when we tried fermenting organic grapes for starter. Keep or toss?
We decided to make our own starter from scratch and purchased organic grapes for this purpose. 2 days later, we have some fermentation going on... and mold too. What did we do wrong? Keep or toss? I still have some fruit left over so I can try again. We had it in a glass bowl loosely covered with plastic wrap on the counter.
I'm also going digging in this site. I'm sure there are wonderful How-To articles. I just thought I'd ask here. I did see a discussion on this forum about mold growing on a starter, but we haven't gotten that far yet. We need to know if we should proceed making the starter with the fermenting liquid that we have. Thanks!