San Francisco Country Sourdough
I think my 17-day old starter is ready for prime time. I baked this San Francisco Country Sourdough using Glenn's formula.
- Everything was done at room temperature (approximately 73F). No retarding.
- Autolysed for 45 minutes, then I pinched in the salt and 50 g reserved water.
- Bulk fermented for 4 hours (S&F every 30 minutes for the first 3 hours and then untouched for 1 hour).
- Preshaped and bench rested for 30 minutes.
- Proofed seam side down in brotform for 2.5 hours.
- Baked with seam side up (no scoring) in a preheated cast iron combo cooker.
- 450F for 20 minutes with the lid on and 25 minutes with the lid off.
It's the best naturally leavened bread I have baked to date. Well, that's not really saying much since this is only my 4th time baking bread using a starter. But I think it's a good start!