1st attempt at bread making
This are my ingredients:
- 300g All-Purpose Flour (Brand: Bake King)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6g salt
- 3ml instant yeast (Brand: Bruggeman)
- 200ml water
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Knead for about 10-15mins to form a smooth dough.
- Put some vegetable oil in a bowl and left the dough to rise for 1 hr.
- After rising for an hour, fold the dough and left it in the baking tray to rise for about 30-45mins. Photo below shows before and after rising.
- Bake using "hot air" for 20mins. Photo shows the end product.
- This is a close view of the bread sideways. Bread tastes a bit sweet and salty.
1) I think I used too little flour. Thus, the dough was not big enough to fill the baking tray. How and what else should I improve?
2) Why is the bread not white?
3) Why is the bread so dense? How do I make it more soft and fluffy?