This weekend's bake started Friday evening -- I removed my starter (housed in a 1/2 pint mason jar) from the fridge and added a tablespoon (yes, I use a tablespoon and it generally weighs from 18-22 grams) of starter and added it to 200 grams of cool water. I added 100 grams of KA organic all purpose flour and 100 grams of flour that I blended from hard winter red wheat berries the previous week and let the mixture sit overnight.
In the morning my leaven was ready to go, so on Saturday I mixed the leaven and water with 2000 grams of flour (a mixture of flours on hand), let it autolyze for a couple of hours and then added the salt. I do this in two batches, each batch making 2 loaves.
After stretching and folding for at intervals of 30 minutes for the first two hours, I let did another 3 folds over three hours, divided the dough and shaped. I pinched off a bit to make two pizza doughs so that one of my three loaves are smaller than the other.
I placed the shaped boules into the fridge Saturday afternoon, baked one loaf Sunday morning and two on Sunday evening.
I used my chef's knife to score the loaves. It finally didn't stick.
I also experimented and flipped the towel-lined bowl out onto my super peal and transferred it to the cold dutch oven from the peel. Then baked as per Tartine Bread.
Sadly, I have no idea which bread was baked in the morning and which bread was baked in the afternoon. I think the smaller one was done in the morning and I gave that away to my neighbor. I am eating one of the larger ones now and it is not sour tasting. It is also a bit chewier than usual. Very moist, but still a bit chewier than usual. I like it. Made a great peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Waiting to hear back from our neighbor to see if they liked it. Hope it was delicious.