Cinnamon and Raisins wholewheat levain
Last week I made a similar loaf which ended up with a flat disc. With enormous help I get from Josh and DA. This week I pull myself together and try again. I got so excited when its out of the oven, coz it looks like a successful bake to me.
Heres my formulae
200G white Levain (100% hydration)
600G Wholewheat flour
400G AP Flour
20G pre-soaked raisin water
1) Mixed starter, flour and water autolyse for 60mins
2) At the same time, soak raisins with warm water
3) drain the raisins. Add 20G of Raisin Water and salt into the dough and mix with pincer method until some gluten is developed
4) Bulk Fermentation for 3 hours (dough Temp @ 75F)with 3 S&F (30,60,90) Squeeze in raisin during the first fold.
5) Bulk Fermentation Complete and ready to be divided (To determine when it is ready, I did a finger poke test, poke it if it doesnt bounce back, it has completed it bulk fermentation.)
6) Pre-shape and it into a boule. Retarded for 12Hours in the fridge. Then baked in Corning casserole Dish.
After 12 Hrs Retard
One i didnt seal the seam very tight and proofed it seam side down and bake in forkish style with natural explosion.
The other one with tight seam proofed seam up.
Cumb Shot - coz of my poor photo taking technique, the crumb has a nice brown color but apparently is not showing in the picture
This post has been submitted to YeastSpotting http://www.wildyeastblog.com/