a touch of rye and wholemeal with black sesame
i decided to make a sour dough in preparation for a promotional baking class in a couple of weeks.
So in the morning i fed the culture with some whole rye flour so as to have the right amount for a mid day mix, 400g of culture 400g of ryemeal and 800 ml of water this was part by error but also i reckoned that it would allow a quicker fermentation.
At lunch time i went to mix the dough and found the whole meal bin almost empty but managed to get 600g and to this i added 3,000g of flour for a total 3600 (3) then i added 2000ml of water as i had already 400ml extra in the culture build (2) and then the prepared culture 1200g (1)
The salt was @ 2% 72g, butter was 2% 72g, 2 eggs =100g the dough was mixed well and finally the addition of 150g black sesame seeds into the mix, dough finished at 12.00. The dough was allowed to rest in a large plastic container and given stretch and folds @ 1.00pm, 2pm and 3pm the dough was then taken at 4.00pm scaled and handed up loosely. 12 pieces @ 500g and 2 pieces @ 750g.
The dough was then moulded put onto linen couches and into the fridge by half past 4, knock off time is 4.00!
Next morning i got into work early to bake off before 6.00am the ovens were turned on the dough pieces brought out and transfered to baking sheets they were washed with a boiled cornflour wash white sesame seeds applied and slashed ready for the oven. the steam was applied for the first 6 or 7 minutes and then evacuated. The bakeing time was about 35 minute at 200 degrees. the bread can be seen cooling on wire racks. The only thing left to do was the bread delivery run and all done and ready for work in my office by 7.45 with the first loaves already being cut buttered and tasted.
i have my one loaf to take home this evening (1 more hour to go) that will go nicely with the lentil soup that was over from the restaurant at lunch time.
Another good day at work!
Kind Regards Yozza