"reversed" proofing box
While most people need a warmer environment to ferment & proof the breads, when outside temperature are, year long, around 30C (86F) a cooler place is what is needed. A styrofoam box and a peltier module were the base of my project. After using the "cooler box" my dough seams to have more strength and the bread a much nicer oven spring and blooming... Here are some pictures. If anyone has wants to buld a similar box and needs a few answers, I'd be glad to provide answers (if I have them)
1. the components (the little white square in the middle is the main character. the rest - supporting actors)
2. proof of concept. It works!!! (red temperature is the enclosure, the black is the cooling element)
3. everything put together in a custom cut acrylic box fixed on top of a large styrofoam box
4. the inside of the styrofoam box
5. final product
6. final product in "production" (variations of +/- 1C from the set temperature)
7. the box can fit about 8 bannetons on 2 layers ...
8. ... or 2 custom cut proofing boards (2 layers)
It was fun building it, lots of fun using it!!!!