Nervous...first time using LYE
I finally put on my big kid pants and bought some lye for pretzels. I've been wanting to do this for YEARS...but now that I have it, I'm terrified to use it.
I called the company who sold it to ask for advice....they couldn't answer a single one of my questions! Can you help:
1. What type of container should I make the solution in? Plastic? Glass?
2. I understand I need to make a 3% solution (yes?)...what is the best way of doing this?
3. How long do you soak them?
4. Can I reuse the solution? If so, how many times and how should I store it?
5. When finished...how do I safely dispose of it?