Success - JMonkey's formula for 100% whole grain sourdough hearth breads
Whole Spelt Hearth Bread
I tried JMonkey's 100% Whole Grain Hearth Bread recipe with slight modification.
Here's the recipe I used:
100% Whole Spelt Hearth Bread
50 grams spelt starter at 100% hydration
10 grams salt
350 grams water
500 grams whole spelt
1) I ground the flour from spelt berries.
2) I built up the culture two time during the day with fresh flour and water, to make sure it was not too sour, and the yeast was fully active.
3) Mixed the starter, salt and water together thoroughly. Then added the flour, until completely incorporated. Let the mix sit for 30 minutes.
4) Folded the dough the first time. And then 3 times more at intervals of 20 minutes.
5) Let the dough sit overnight well covered to prevent drying out. Kept it in the coldest area of the house to delay fermentation. Probably around 64F. And about 10 or 11 hours.
6) rounded the dough into a ball. And let rest for 15 minutes. Made a batard according to Floyd's video. Let the dough raise for about 2 hours and a half. Slashed the dough and baked on a preheated stone.
7) Let sit for a couple of hours before slicing into this silky buttery bread.