Almond and Orange Florentines with Lavender sugar
little treats for me and my friends..
ALMOND & ORANGE FLORENTINES WITH LAVENDER SUGAR
Vegetable oil for greasing the tray
2 egg whites
50gm caster sugar blend in a food processor with one tablespoons of lavender tea flower
200gm flaked almonds
Grated zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven the 150°C and line an oven tray with baking paper and brush it lightly with oil.
2. Put the egg whites, icing sugar, flaked almonds and orange zest in a bowl and combine gently.
3. With damp hands pick up portions of the mix (about a heaped tablespoon) and place them on the tray in little mounds. Make sure they are spaced well apart as they do spread during cooking.
4. Dip a fork in water and gently flatten each florentine very thinly…as thinly as you can muster without leaving gaps between the almonds. Aim for a finished diameter of 8cm.
5. Bake until golden for around 12 minutes. I’d suggest setting your timer for these ones as they can burn very quickly if left too long.
6. Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray then gently lift them from the baking sheet using a palette knife.