Hamelman's Sourdough semolina bread
From Jeffrey Hamelman's, "Bread," An all sourdough semolina. The formula has 60% semolina flour. The other 40% is bread flour. Besides sourdough starter, salt and water, the only other ingredient is toasted seseme seeds (in the dough) and raw seeds on top.
This bread has less semolina character than other breads I've eaten which, I assume, had a higher percent semolina flour. Also, the others all used commercial yeast, with or without a preferment. So, Hamelman's sourdough semolina has a more open and a chewier crumb. I did not cold retard the loaves, which is an option, and the sourness was subtle.
We ate it 3 hours out of the oven with dinner. Tomorrow, we'll see what kind of french toast it makes.
Sourdough semolina crumb