40% Rye With Ground Seeds
I have been excited to bake a simple rye bread since my starter had become ready to use. Also, I went to a local organic mill and stocked up an all sorts of grains, flours as well as a hard to find Puy lentil from France. I chose to do a 40% Rye with some toasted and roughly ground seeds (sunflower, flax and caraway) within. I also got to use a brotform for the first time. I will update with crumb photos, but I have a feeling I should have seen more oven spring and height from a formula such as this one. I did forget to bulk ferment an hour, so I just proofed for a full 2 hours. Any rye experts out there, please let me know if this could most likely be the cause of such a poor spring.