Weight-Loss Bread Recipes
I have a problem: I need to lose approximately 100 pounds, but I also LOVE to bake bread...
Along with exercising more and counting calories, one of the things I'd like to do to facilitate this journey (and hopefully add some fun, too :) is come up with a few unique bread recipes that are:
3) Have some quality relevent to weight-loss/healthy living
Some things to get out of the way right off the bat:
- I know home-made bread isn't necessarily UNhealthy -- I'm more interested in making my regular baking an active part of my weight-loss journey
- I typically bake using wild-yeast, which I know adds some health benefits
- Number 2 above is really important. For example, I know that a 100% whole wheat sourdough is healthy and the fiber is good for weight loss, but it is the definition of uninteresting (at least in my opinion)
- I already have Peter Reinhart's Whole Wheat Bread book :)
So...does anyone out there have any suggestions for recipes and/or interesting ingredients to add? I'm in particular interested in the health/weight loss properties of alternative flours, for example rye, teff, flax seed, etc.