Adjusting to new Bosch Universal -flabby dough
I am making Eric Kastel's Rye, Spelt and Flaxseed bread. The dough is really flabby and sticky, as if it were not developed enough. I used my new Bosch Universal to mix the dough. I followedKastel's instructions of 4 minutes at speed 1 and 2 minutes at speed 2. I am thinking that the dough was not well enough developed at that point. Another recipe i tried (Hamelmans VT SD with enhanced whole grain-rye) last weekend took twice as long as speed 2 to get the gluten development. Is this typical for the Bosch, and I should expect that normally?
This recipe had a goal of "partial gluten development" so I stayed with the 2 mins at speed 2. I tried a second round of pre-shaping to little effect and now plan to ignore the yeast and rely on the 210g sf rye levain to keep this rising while I do another round or two of S&F. I welcome suggestions for how to rescue this. All else fails, i will rely on combi pans for structure but I wanted batards.
I made this last weekend with a different goof. Grabbed the VT SD levain instead, so I threw in the rye sour anyway. I assumed the wet dough was due to the wetter starter. The boule in the combi came out fine. The batard became a pancake, but the best tasting pancake. Which is why I wanted to try again! This flavor combo is fantastic!