the other evening i took home some of the sour dough culture that was excess to requirement and decided to use it in a fruit dough.
The sour doughculture itself was made from feeding the lees from a cider brew that i had recently made and was now a very active culture, i measured up 600g of flour and used 200g of culture to this i added 300g water 6g salt 18g dry yeast 48g butter 90g raw sugar 10g molassess.
this ended up being a bit to wet so i had to add a further 100g flour.
With the fruit i ended up with currants raisins dates and a fruit and nut mix that ended up being just over 300g
bulk ferment was for 2 hours and after tinning up was left for another 2 hours. i nearly went to bed and forgot that it was to go in the oven, in fact even put 1 foot in the bed and then remembered!
The bread turned out really good, great taste, nice and moist and loved by all my tasters. i am looking to make a larger batch next week at work.