My 1st attempt at Lefse.
I thought i was easy to shape...but...not so....
Rather small too as i only have a small pan to cook it... (not griddle)
Looks good to me.;-))) qahtan
Look good to me too, will you share recipe/technique?
Here's the basic recipe.
3 cups mashed potatoes (cold & no liquids added)
3 tablespoons whipping cream/ any milk (less rich)
2 tablespoons butter/ oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup flour (scant) (i increased it by almost 2 times however)
1. Boil the potatos till tender and soft. Then rice/mash it and quickly incoorperate butter so it melts through
2. After potato mixture has cooled to room temp., add salt, sugar, flour and enough milk to make a soft dough.
3. Gather the mass and knead lightly till well mixed. Divide into ball (adjust to fit ur griddle ;) )
4. Flour a surface and roll it out to about 1mm thick, or thicker if u desire more volume for wraps. (i had to really flour the surface. Potatoes were very sticky)
5. Carefully lift each piece and transfer it to a medium-low heated griddle and cook till brown spots appear under and flip it.
*i recommend keeping the cook lefses wrapped in a towel for a while as it dries out quickly.
*to moisten after stored in fridge or outside, lightly mist lefses with water and microwave on high for about 10 secs.. ;)
Thanks for sharing - I wil certainly give Lefse a try!