I made a spelt sourdough this weekend.
The formula was at approximately 75% hydration. For flour, I used 50% whole spelt and 50% VitaSpelt.
I mixed it up, then did a series of 4 stretches and folds spaced around 20 minutes apart.
Let it rise for four hours, then retarded in fridge.
This morning, put it on the counter to wake up. After a couple hours, formed the sticky dough into boules and put in 2 lb bannetons.
When I turned the bannetons onto my peel, the dough flattened out almost instantaneously.
The resulting bread has great flavor and a pretty decent crumb, but it just doesn't have that nice dome shape I'm looking for. More like a discus at the summer Olympics.
My question is this: can I correct this with more stretching and folding. I would prefer not to go the route of decreasing the hydration.