This is my Caprese Boule, I most say I am very happy with the result, its my wettest dough so far, hardest to deal with (I am a newby after all) but the best bread so far. Super crunchy crust. nice aromatic crum.
2 cups of Bread Flour
2/3 cup of all purpouse
1/3 cup of white cornmeal
1 1/4 tsp of yeast
1 cup of water 90F
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
3/8 cup of basil (crushed dried)
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp sugar
- Mixed all 3 cups of flour with salt on your usual bowl.
- prepare the yeast with 1/4 cup of water @ 90F add the sugar (wait 10 min)
- create an opening in the middle of the flour
- Mix the yeast with the rest of the water and the basil
- get the liquid mix in the flour opening
- mix all together with a wooden spoon
- Let autolyce for 20 min.
- Fold (or try to, its very very wet) for some 20 min
- 1st rise for 90 min
- fold for 15 to 20 more min
- 2nd rise for 60 min on flat surface covered with the bowl.
- punch and fold, form and place on top of your (covered with cornmeal)sheet
- sprinkle all purpouse flour on top of the Boule (this i just learn on a video, i was really frustrated with the clean look of my bread tops, i wanted the white rustic finish you get from a baker, this trick does it).
- rest for 30 min
- oven @ 500 1 cup of hot water at the bottom pan
- place bread in. 5 min lower temp to 400
20 min latter lower temp to 350
cook till internal temp is 200.